Our restaurant is open 7 days a week offering a fine selection of dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Situated in the main lodge, the restaurant is stylish, comfortable and relaxed, allowing you to sit back and enjoy the culinary delights served from the kitchen.
Breakfast is well known to the be the most important meal of the day and at Kumbali we aim to provide our guests with a nutritious and filling start to the day. You can choose from any of the following, included in the price of the room:
- Continental breakfast buffet (seasonal fruit salad, cereal, yoghurt made from the farm on site, freshly made pastries)
- Cooked breakfast to order (eggs, sausages, bacon, vegetarian)
- Freshly brewed Malawian grown tea and coffee
Lunch can be taken inside the restaurant or in the garden seating area, depending on the weather and your fancy. All meals are cooked fresh to order, so please remember to place your order ahead of time. You can choose from a comprehensive a la carte menu with a wide variety of dishes, all made with a personal touch.
- locally grown, organic fruit and vegetables from the permaculture centre
- home made mayonnaise and salad dressings
- home made sandwiches and soups
Depending on the number of guests at the lodge dinner is available al a carte or as a 3 course buffet. Where possible we try to incorporate home-made, locally sourced produce to ensure all our meals are of the highest standard.
Dinner is available for non residents, although we do request you book ahead of time as all our meals are prepared fresh the same day.
The list below offers some examples of the dishes we offer:
- ButternUt, feta and sage
- Garlic, cauliflower with burnt mustard seed and dill butter
- Kale and chorizo Portuguese broth
- Copse salad
- Oriental fish-cakes and Asian salad with sweet chili dressing
- Bubuganush, olives, fete cheese & humus
(all main courses are served with 3 vegetable side dishes and a choice of kilombero rice or a potato dish and salad)
- Beef Wellington
- Chicken gallentine
- Oriental pork with apple sauce
- Roast pork, lamb and beef
- Almond fish (hake)
- Chicken and chorizo casserole
- Portuguese chicken casserole with black olives
- Herb crusted chicken
- Beef and beer pie
- Sticky toffee pudding with cream/custard/ice cream
- Chocolate truffle cake with fresh strawberries (when in season)
- Passion fruit cheesecake
- Milk tart
- Banoffee pie
- Seasonal fresh fruit salad
We serve locally produced, fair trade coffee.
For those of you who wish to finish the evening with a fine single malt whisky or even a cognac and cigar, our well-stocked bar will ensure you can find what you’re looking for.